Sunday, June 3, 2012

How Delicious Are Your Links?

Reflection on Delicious Accounts and Links

                               

1. How difficult was it to find good sites

I'm not sure that difficult is the right word to associate with this assignment. I think "time consuming" would best fit the description of this assignment. I found it easy to create the Delicious account and search for my links. I was familiar with some of the sites because I work in a primary school already.

2. Were there many sites claiming to be educational that were only trying to sell a product?

Yes, there are many sites on the Web that have a good but distracting profile that draws the viewer in. Some of these sites initially offer a free trial or subscription but eventually ask that you subscribe for further usage. The one positive thing about these sites is that your school may already have a subscription and allow you to use it.

3. Did you find many sites that were not valuable as a resource?

I only came across a few sites that were not valuable resources. There were a few that sites that offered additional links but once I clicked on them, they routed me to a site that was not related to my search.

4. What did you think of some of the Web 2.0 sites?

I felt like the Web 2.0 sites could be key components while planning instruction and lessons within the classroom. They are beneficial tools that offer learning opportunities for educators.

5. Did you choose many of the same sites as the students you are following in Delicious?

Yes, I found that there were several of the same sites chosen by my classmates. This may be because some of them already work in the education field, just as I do. But there were many sites that I had never seen before. I plan to use them as tools to expand and broaden my knowledge in this growing world of education.

6. What did you like about the 15 sites you selected?

I liked that the sites were easy to access and maneuver through. I, especially, liked the educational sites that can challenge and enhance a students knowledge. I use some of these at home with my own children

Resources:

Image retrieved from: http://www.tothepc.com/archives/create-playlist-stack-weblinks-new-delicious/

Morrison, G., & Lowther, D. (2010). Integrating computer technology into the classroom, Skills for the 21st Century (Fourth Edition). Boston, MA: Pearson Education.

No comments:

Post a Comment